- Keep your software current by having the latest security software, web browser, and operating system in place. This will help decrease the chance of a virus, malware or any other online threats.
- Set up automatic software updates on all of your devices. (Computers, Smart phones or any other web-enabled device)
- Your password should be long and strong and contain at least 3 of the following: upper-case letter, lower-case letter, number, and symbol. Longer passwords are more secure than shorter ones because there are more characters to guess.
- Do not share your password.
- Choose a strong password that is unique to your life and not something that can be easily guessed.
- Avoid using words that can be found in the dictionary, and consider using paraphrases. (Example: This passwd is 4 my Email)
- Use a different password for each online account.
- Change your password several times a year.
- Protect your password. If you write it down do not leave it out in the open, make sure it’s in a secure location.
- Do not share the answers to your security questions.
- Choose strong questions that are unique to your life and not questions that can be easily answered.
- Change your security questions several times a year.
Internet Banking tools available:
Alerts can be set up through internet banking; currently there are 8 types of alerts that can be utilized. You can choose which alerts you would like to set up.
Log In Tracker:
The tracker will display the last time that you logged into your Internet Banking account. If the information in the tracker is not correct please contact DCB&T.
Please remember if you ever feel your account has been compromised, or if you come across unauthorized access or activity, notify the bank immediately.